1.27.2008

Jan. 30th Dubbed Intl Delete Your MySpace Account Day


That’s it, I’ve had it. After months of only visiting my myspace profile in order to delete spam friend requests from half-nude women, I’ve reached the end of the line.
The other day I received an email from Myspace announcing something semi-relevant: “One of your friends is having a birthday this week.”
Visit Myspace to find out who? No, I’m not going to f**king visit Myspace to find out who, there’s absolutely no reason why I should have to visit the website, wait for it to load because of the excessive banner ads, and then log in just so I can find out who is having a birthday. If you’re going to take the time and energy to spam my inbox with the message, then you can tell me in the email itself whose birthday it is.
I’ve been thinking about deleting my Myspace account almost since the day I got it but always opted out of doing so because of the few friends I have who don’t have Facebook accounts. But by remaining on Myspace, I realize, I’m becoming an enabler. I’m giving those friends no reason to switch over from Myspace by giving them access to my Myspace profile.

Link

"The internet masses are starting to rebel against the MySpace, Facebooks..interesting trend to see what will happen in the future..."

No comments: